Tennessee is southeastern part of the USA, in the border between North Carolina and Tennessee. Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a major attraction in the USA. In fact, it is enlisted among the UNESCO World Heritage Sites due to its fauna and floral diversity. The area encompasses 5 mountainous towns which are popular tourist attractions.
Let us explore the mountainous regions in Tennessee
- Gatlinburg, which is in the southeast of Knoxville, is a popular vacation resort with its several tourist attractions. Gatlinburg is the gateway to the Smokies. Among its main attractions, the most important ones include: Ripley's Aquarium, Gatlinburg Space Needle, Ober Gatlinburg.
- Pigeon Forge is a mountain resort in Tennessee. If you have a passion for country music, it is the best venue for you. It is home to Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show, The Island in Pigeon Forge, Titanic Museum.
Apart from that, Pigeon Forge is the place to enjoy the exotic taste of the local food, and to delight in shopping. You will have loads of fun visiting the shopping malls featuring great items of clothing and accessories.
Before leaving Pigeon Forge, stop over at the fantastic gift shops, where you can buy souvenirs, especially country music DVDs, T-shirts, caps, and other items. If you go with your family, you should visit Dollywood theme park, with the top-ranking amusement park in Pigeon Forge. Dollywood Theme Park is owned by the famous country music singer Dolly Parton. With its musical theatres, you can enjoy live country music performances.
- Sevierville is in Eastern Tennessee. It has a picturesque landscape and popular landmarks. Sevierville is the birthplace of the great country music singer Dolly Parton. Its main attractions include: Dolly Parton Statue, The Sevier County Courthouse, Tennessee Museum of Aviation, Rainforest Adventure Zoo, Adventure Park Ziplines and Riding Stables.
- Pittman Center is a peaceful small town in the Smoky Mountain area. It is fascinating for its landscape and great mountain views. Popular attractions include: Great views of the landscape from Pittman Center, Great view of the Bent Creek Golf Course.
- Townsend is in Blount County, Tennessee. It is among the 3 gateways to the Smokies National Park. Its main attractions feature: Hiking and horseback riding trails, including Rocky Knob, High Top, Luke Mountain, Mark Mountain, and many other; Several chapels, including Tuckaleechee Chapel, Caylor Chapel, Coker Hill Chapel; River, which is excellent for fishing; Museums, including the museum of natural history of the Great Smokies, the Little River Railroad and Lumber Company Museum; Tuckaleechee Caverns.
Visit the mountainous regions in Tennessee
To visit the fascinating mountainous regions in Tennessee, find a flight through Opodo, an online tour operator. Through its website, you can easily find flights and buy your flight tickets to Tennessee or another country. To save more time on flight arrangement, you can also make your hotel reservation in Tennessee through Opodo. You can choose to stay in a hotel, or in youth hostels; the choice is yours. Getting around the area will be easy if you rent a car through the same website. Have a nice trip!